[Haskell-cafe] Introducing FP Complete

Sean Leather leather at cs.uu.nl
Wed Jun 6 09:09:20 CEST 2012

On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 3:22 AM, Bartosz Milewski wrote:

> You might have seen a few post by me mentioning FP Complete and asked
> yourself the question: Who is this guy and what is FP Complete?

Yes. ;)

I haven't been active in the Haskell community, as I'm a relative newcomer
> to Haskell. I am better known in the C++ community where I've been
> promoting functional-style programming and the use of Haskell for modelling
> difficult aspects of template metaprogramming.

Great! We can always use more people to bridge the divide, so to speak.

It was therefore natural for me to join a newly founded company, FP
> Complete, whose goal is to commercialize Haskell. I believe that now is the
> right time for Haskell to become a strong software industry player,
> especially that functional programming is being widely recognized as the
> answer to the recent multicore and GPU explosion.

Also great! We need more companies to see the light and start building
better software.

I should mention that the support from the part of the Haskell community
> that we have so far contacted has been overwhelmingly positive. We have
> Simon P-J's blessing, we are in close collaboration with Well Typed, we
> have friends at Galois, Parallel Scientific, Amgen, and many other Haskell
> shops. Hopefully you will hear from and about us more often in the future.

Looking forward to it. Welcome!

Regards,
Sean