[Haskell-cafe] ANN: Portackage - a hackage portal

Andrew Seniuk rasfar at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 00:18:27 CEST 2012

Hi ___,

Thank you for your suggestion to provide JSON, which seconds Derek's
earlier suggestion. I have anonymised your name since you wrote to me
but didn't CC the list. :)

As much as I wish the web interface was up to snuff, it is really too
slow. While I continue to try to resolve that, there is something like
a JSON feed available now. I'm new to these things and may be doing it
wrong. Any advice would be appreciated, either in accelerating the web
interface or in providing the JSON. I have no idea whether it parses
or not.

JSON Schema:
http://www.fremissant.net/portackage/packages.schema.json.txt

Hopefully compressed JSON data:
http://www.fremissant.net/portackage/packages.php

Raw JSON data in case the compressed doesn't work:
http://www.fremissant.net/portackage/packages.json

The hackage data updated as of today (June 14).

For now this is only the packages which expose modules (i.e. not
including binary packages). No particular reason, I just ran out of
time this afternoon and thought I'd post what I've got.

The fields present in the JSON are those available on the HTML table
version. There are several dozen other fields which come up more or
less infrequently in the Hackage packages, and they could all be
included. The complete list of modules is included (rather than the
summary versions used in the HTML table version).

A next step would be for the server to incrementally update the JSON
data based on the Hackage RSS feed.

Kind Regards,
Andrew