[Haskell-cafe] lightweight alternative to mtl?

Anton Kholomiov anton.kholomiov at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 15:59:23 CEST 2012

What are you using instead of mtl? I need simple type for State.
The more classy it gets the harder error messages are to understand.
I've installed new package. Silently it installed new mtl.
And here I'm staring into three lines of code for half an hour
trying to understand where I misused the types. Compiler
tells me long story about functional dependencies.
After downgrade it takes me a second to find the mistake.
Ohh type mismatch, forgot to pass an argument.

It's class for strict and lazy states. Maybe it's better
to take approach of containers (the same interface and different modules)?

Anton