[Haskell-cafe] Haskell is rapidly approaching the top 20

Henk-Jan van Tuyl hjgtuyl at chello.nl
Sat Jun 16 23:58:28 CEST 2012

L.S.,

 From the TIOBE web site[0]:

-----✂----
TIOBE Programming Community Index for June 2012
June Headline: Haskell is rapidly approaching the top 20

    Last month we asked ourselves the question what language could become
the next big new programming language. We suggested several candidates
such as Scala, Erlang and Clojure. Clearly, the new thing was expected to
come from the functional programming field. A functional language not
explicitly mentioned was Haskell. And this month it was Haskell that
jumped from #35 to #25. Looking at the TIOBE trend graph of Haskell
(starting in 2003) it shows a constant rise, with peaks in 2006, 2010 and
now in 2012. This certainly sounds promising.

Regards,
Henk-Jan van Tuyl

[0] http://www.tiobe.com/index.php/content/paperinfo/tpci/index.html

--