[Haskell-cafe] [Haskell] JustHub 'Sherkin' Release

Chris Dornan chris at chrisdornan.com
Sun Jun 17 21:43:16 CEST 2012

> How would I do something like that [save and restore a Hakell project configuration] in Hub?

Once I have an environment I am happy with, I save its configuration
(here the hub is named 'project'):

    hub save project >project.har

I would check this file into the source repository and at the start of
the build process
(it could be in a script or makefile) I would load it thus:

	hub load project <project.har

While the build environment is stable this will just check that
the environment matches the configuration and immediately continue
with the normal build process.

But when I check out and build the source tree on another
system it will locate the tools specified in the configuration
file and rebuild the user package database, complaining if it
can't locate the right tools.

There are more examples at http://justhub.org/overview

Chris