[Haskell-cafe] Haskell-platform and ghc 7.4

G graham at fatlazycat.com
Sun Mar 11 21:58:51 CET 2012

Am new to haskell, but one thing I wanted to try out was the performance of
an app in haskel. Having issues getting it to compile under ghc 7.0.4. The
owner recommend trying to upgrade to 7.2/7.4

I see a warning that the haskell-platform isn't compatible with with 7.4.1,
or so my homebrew install says.

Can it be made to compile ?? Can I remove the haskell-platform and then
install the dev tools from the haskell-platform via cabal etc once I have
moved to 7.4.x etc ?

Thanks