[Haskell-cafe] ANN: HacPhi 2012

Chris Casinghino chris.casinghino at gmail.com
Wed May 2 17:12:40 CEST 2012

Greetings,

I am very pleased to officially announce Hac Phi 2012, a Haskell
hackathon/get-together to be held August 3-5 at the University of
Pennsylvania in Philadelphia.  The hackathon will officially kick
off at 2:30 Friday afternoon, and go until 5pm on Sunday (with
breaks for sleep, of course).  Last year's Hac Phi was a lot of
fun, drawing more than 30 Haskellers, and many people have
already expressed interest in coming back this year.  Come meet
your Haskelly comrades-in-arms!  I want to stress that everyone
is welcome - you do not have to be a Haskell guru.  Helping hack
on someone else's project could be a great way to increase your
Haskell-fu.

If you plan on coming, please officially register [1].
Registration, travel, lodging and many other details can be found
on the Hac Phi wiki [2].  This year, we are making a public list
of attendees' names and nicks - please let us know if you'd
prefer not to be listed when you register.

We're also looking for a few people interested in giving
short (15-20 min.) talks, probably on Saturday afternoon.
Anything of interest to the Haskell community is fair game - a
project you've been working on, a paper, a quick tutorial.  If
you'd like to give a talk, add it on the wiki [3].

Hac Phi 2012 is supported by contributions from Amgen and Jane
Street.

Hope to see you in Philadelphia!

- The Hac Phi team
Brent Yorgey (byorgey)