[Haskell-cafe] Annoyed at System.Random

Thomas DuBuisson thomas.dubuisson at gmail.com
Fri May 4 16:05:12 CEST 2012

Vincent uses gcc header files to get the AES instructions:

Header files of:

    #include <wmmintrin.h>
    #include <tmmintrin.h>

And later calls of:

     x = _mm_aesenc_si128(m, K1);

But currently you must know you have AESNI and use a flag:

    cabal install cryptocipher -faesni

But if you are wrong:

    Illegal instruction (core dumped)

This is a great place to be - now we just take the CPU checking from
intel-aes, make a switch between Vincent's C and Gladman (in haskell
or out, I doesn't matter to me), graft on Ctr mode as specified then
it's all about matching the current 'random' API.

Cheers,
Thomas