[Haskell-cafe] What is the difference between runhaskell and compile?

Vincent Ambo tazjin at googlemail.com
Thu May 24 14:15:11 CEST 2012

Can you paste your code somewhere? I'm using the LDAP package at work (for authenticating a Yesod app) and a quick test of the basic LDAP package in GHCi works for me:

λ> import LDAP
λ> ldap <- ldapInit "10.0.0.12" ldapPort
λ> ldapSimpleBind ldap "geva" "**********"
λ> let desiredAttr = LDAPAttrList ["name"]
λ> let searchDN = Just "OU=Redacted,DC=redacted,DC=com"
λ> let searchFilter = Just "sAMAccountName=geva"
λ> ldapSearch ldap searchDN LdapScopeSubtree searchFilter desiredAttr False
[LDAPEntry {ledn = "CN=Vincent Ambo,OU=Redacted,DC=redacted,DC=com", leattrs = [("name",["Vincent Ambo"])]}]

It also works in compiled applications and in source files run with runhaskell.

Our directory server runs Active Directory.