[Haskell-cafe] Problem with packet documentation generated by cabal on windows 7

Nicu Ionita nicu.ionita at acons.at
Sat May 26 01:28:46 CEST 2012

Am 25.05.2012 06:49, schrieb Magnus Therning:
> On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 01:19:11AM +0200, Nicu Ionita wrote:
>> Hi cafe,
>>
>> I have a problem with haddock documentation created when installing
>> new packages with cabal on windows.
>> The generated html files have all links in the form
>> j:\Users\...\doc\...\xxx.html, but firefox says, it cannot open that
>> link.
>> Actually all links should be prefixed by "file:///".
>>
>> I wonder if this is only on windows so and if there is a solution to
>> this. Is there a cabal or haddock flag for this?
> It might help to know what version of haddock you have.
>
> Here, on my Linux machine, all generated links are relative and hence
> contain no 'http://' or 'file:///' prefix.
>
> /M

I have Haskell Platform 2011.2.0.1 and I assumed that haddock comes with
it. Now I checked the version - it is 2.9.2 and cabal info tells me that
the last version is 2.10.0 and that I don't have the package installed (?).

Ok, now I see, haddock is that from the patform and I never install it
with cabal...

Nicu