[Haskell-cafe] What is the difference between runhaskell and compile?

Chris Dornan chris at chrisdornan.com
Mon May 28 12:27:52 CEST 2012

> Sorry for the wrong information. I made a mistake when did the test.
> After more testing, I think it is a bug of ghc 7.4.1. Until now, I cannot find a way to make ghc 7.4.1 compiled binary work.

I have set up this test on 7.4.1 and I cannot recreate the problem -- compiling and running an equivalent program (the posted program with local domain, bindDN and bindPW definitions localised and all other let bindings removed) leads to a successful server connection when passed the right password but fails to connect with the wrong password.

This was the behaviour you were seeing yourself with 7.2.2 was it not? I can only recommend re-installing 7.4.1 and trying again.

Chris