[Haskell-cafe] Does anyone know where George Pollard is?

Myles C. Maxfield myles.maxfield at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 06:03:49 CET 2012

Hello,
I sent a message to George Pollard (porges at porg.es) about his 'idna'
package [1] a couple days ago, but he hasn't responded. I'd like to
depend on his package for something that I'm working on, but his
package fails to build (The email I sent him includes a patch that
should fix up the build problems). The package hasn't been updated for
3 years and he hasn't listed a source control repository.

Does anyone know where he is? If not, is there an accepted practice to
resolve this situation? Should I upload my own 'idna2' package?

Thanks,
Myles

[1] http://hackage.haskell.org/package/idna