[Haskell-cafe] Cabal failures...

Alexander Solla alex.solla at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 16:16:00 CET 2012

> Thanks to all for the comparisons between apt & cabal.
> Your reply basically explains why it is broken, and gives a rationale
> (cost and trouble to do it), but no prognosis for repair.

It's an open problem.

I make do with disposable sand-boxes, using cabal-dev to build them.  In
this way, I can keep many (of my) libraries building, even if different
libraries need incompatible versions of Hackage libraries.  If I run into a
problem in a library's build environment, I either fix it surgically or
nuke it, without affecting any other build environments.