[Haskell-cafe] Can a GC delay TCP connection formation?

Jeff Shaw shawjef3 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 21:36:24 CET 2012

On 11/27/2012 4:59 PM, Nicolas Wu wrote:
> Hi, I'm the maintainer of HDBC. I haven't yet released this code since
> it hasn't yet been fully tested. However, if you're happy with it,
> I'll push the version with proper ffi bindings up to Hackage. Nick
Nick,
I pulled the latest version of HDBC-odbc, and it appears to be working
MUCH better than before. I now have 0% timeouts from httperf with 50
connections/second and timeout set to 0.1 seconds. It's looking like the
safe imports vastly improved IO blocking. I haven't seen any new
problems since the new version went live.

Jeff