[Haskell-cafe] acid-state audit trail

Richard Wallace rwallace at thewallacepack.net
Fri Oct 19 07:18:28 CEST 2012

Hey all,

I've been looking at acid-state as a possible storage backend for an
application.  It looks like it fits my needs pretty damn well, but one
thing that I'm curious about is if it is possible to get a list of
"update events".  You can obviously query for the current state, but
it's not immediately apparent if you can see the history of your
values state.  This is useful in some things, like providing audit
trails and debugging.  As well as being able to re-create state in a
different form.

I was also curious if the createCheckpoint function eliminates the
state history or does it just create a snapshot, it's not apparent
from the docs.

Thanks,
Rich