[Haskell-cafe] Teaching Haskell @ MOOCs like Coursera or Udacity

Brent Yorgey byorgey at seas.upenn.edu
Tue Oct 23 16:02:50 CEST 2012

On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 11:49:08PM +0530, niket wrote:
> I am a novice in Haskell but I would love to see the gurus out here
> teaching Haskell on MOOCs like Coursera or Udacity.
>
> Dr Martin Odersky is doing it for Scala here:
> https://www.coursera.org/course/progfun
>
> I would love to see Haskell growing on such new platforms!

Just as a counterpoint, putting together a MOOC is a *ton* of work,
with (in my opinion) not much benefit for a topic like Haskell where
it is already possible to access lots of quality instructional
materials online.  I would rather see Haskell gurus put their time and
effort into producing more awesome code (or into curating existing
instructional materials).

Just my 2c.

-Brent