[Haskell-cafe] Installation issues with Centos

jims at stuttard.org jims at stuttard.org
Mon Sep 3 12:34:04 CEST 2012

Quoting Chris Dornan <chris at chrisdornan.com>:

> Hi Manish,
>
> Are you aware of the CentOS distro I am maintaining at justhub.org
> /download? Even if you want to build your own installations it will probably
> be useful for getting you going.

Great and spot on time for me. I'm trying to install
Snap on my Centos-6.0 ISP (bluehost.com) which has shell
but not root access and no OpenGL or GLUT.

HP has (IMHO wrongly) included OpenGL and GLUT so I've cut the gl and
glut sections from the HP configure script and platform.packages list
with a variety of build failures so far.

Previously I've been able to install and use ghc and HP in ~/
without problems. Is there any reason why this couldn't
be done with your justhub package?

As I've never tried this brute surgery on such a magnus opus
before I'm not sure this is at all feasible?

I hope this isn't too off topic.

Cheers