[Haskell-cafe] Monospace code in Haddock

Simon Hengel sol at typeful.net
Wed Sep 5 22:29:15 CEST 2012

On Wed, Sep 05, 2012 at 09:11:47PM +0100, Niklas Hambüchen wrote:
> When you write:
>
> -- | This function returns the string @hello@
>
> and you have a function called hello in scope, haddock will hyperlink
> the the above hello to that function, which is confusing if your
> monospace string has actually nothing to do with that function.
>
> In other words: Haddock always links to your functions in inline
> monospaced text, and you can't turn that off.
>
> -- | Gives you @\<span\>hello\</span\>@
>
> will therefore link to functions 'span' and 'hello' if they exist.

As far as I know Haddock markup is interpreted withing @-blocks.  So if
you write @`foo`@ it will get linked, but if you just write @foo@ it
should not be linked.  If you write @\`foo`@ it should again not be
linked.  It may be awkward at times, but I think you should be able to
achieve what you want, no?

Please give a self-contained minimal example that illustrates your
issue, if this still does not help.

Cheers,
Simon