[Haskell-cafe] [Hackage] Bug report and proposal

Stayvoid stayvoid at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 20:53:39 CEST 2012

Hello,

I found a bug: "source" points to the wrong page. [1]

I know that bugs should be reported via Github. But I don't have an
account and don't want to create one. There might be others who don't
want to use Github. Why rely on external bug tracker? I assume that it
has been chosen because of its features, but it doesn't have the most
important one (i.e. anonymous posting). What's better: to have more
features or to have less bugs?

Is it possible to move away from Github?
What about a separate mailing list for bugs?

I'm sorry if this sounds to harsh; I'm not good at writing. I don't
want to attack or blame anyone. I'm also sorry if this message is not
appropriate, but I haven't found a better place.

[1] http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/base/latest/doc/html/Prelude.html#v:seq

Cheers