[Haskell-cafe] [ANNOUNCE] Fmark markup language

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 14:18:34 CEST 2012

On 18 September 2012 21:53, José Lopes <jose.lopes at ist.utl.pt> wrote:
> Hello Ivan,
>
> I agree with your point: if you want a heading that ends with a punctuation
> sign then you cannot do it in Fmark (for now). That gives me something to
> think about. However, I will still look for a way that avoids (as much as
> possible) special syntax. Do you have any suggestion?
>
> I also agree with you on the "natural" conventions. I want to find a good
> tradeoff between syntax and expressiveness. In other words, I want to
> avoid as much those "odd choices" you mentioned. For example, I have
> been thinking seriously about emphasis and what would be a good way
> to do it. So far I could only come up with quotes (either " or '). What do
> you think?

I think that _emphasis_ is pretty "natural", as is *bold* and possibly
-strikethrough-.

But you _are_ adding in some aspects of markup now.

Using quotes is bad because what happens if you're actually quoting someone? ;-)

> Cheers,
> José
>

> On 18-09-2012 06:05, Ivan Lazar Miljenovic wrote:
>>
>> On 18 September 2012 13:57, José Lopes <jose.lopes at ist.utl.pt> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello Kris,
>>>
>>> Thank you for your email.
>>>
>>> At this moment, Fmark is not as powerful as Markdown, also because Fmark
>>> just started.
>>> Markdown offers things such as Blockquotes, Lists, Code blocks, links,
>>> emphasis, images, etc.
>>> Fmark does not offer as many features: for now, there are only
>>> paragraphs,
>>> headings,
>>> subsections (endless nesting) and footnotes. In the near future, I want