[Haskell-cafe] Haskell Wiki News

Thomas Schilling nominolo at googlemail.com
Sat Sep 22 18:13:24 CEST 2012

It's a wiki.  I went ahead and fixed it, this time.

To paraphrase Bryan O'Sullivan: Whenever you think "why hasn't anyone done
...", or "why doesn't somebody fix ...", you should ask yourself "Why don't
*I* do ..." or "Why don't *I* fix ...". That's how open source works.

(Not trying to be offensive, just pointing out that's how we should think
about open source. That's how we got "Real World Haskell", that's how we
got "Criterion", that's how we got the "text" package in its current
version.)

On 22 September 2012 10:40, Colin Adams <colinpauladams at gmail.com> wrote:

> This doesn't seem to be up-to-date. It announces GHC 7.4 released (but
> 7.6.1 was released a couple of weeks ago).

Push the envelope. Watch it bend.