[Haskell-cafe] haddock changes between 2.10 and 2.12?

Edward Kmett ekmett at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 12:47:29 CEST 2012

Was there some significant change/bug introduced to haddock made between
2.10 and 2.12?

When I look at the haddocks for kan-extensions 3.1:
Data.Functor.Yoneda<http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/kan-extensions/3.1/doc/html/Data-Functor-Yoneda.html>
which
purports to have been built by haddock 2.12 it shows all sorts of spurious
superclass constraints on almost every instance that should have simplified
out, but going back to kan-extensions-2.7:
Data.Functor.Yoneda<http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/kan-extensions/2.7/doc/html/Data-Functor-Yoneda.html>
none of this extra noise is present -- and the code in question hasn't been
changed in the interim, so I'm pretty sure its not on my end.

-Edward