[Haskell-cafe] Partial statical linking

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 16:44:47 CEST 2012

On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 7:42 AM, Jason Dusek <jason.dusek at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am not sure why that happens -- libgcc.a wasn't explicitly
> asked for; but it stands to reason that one shouldn't specify

No, but it's required for anything that uses the C compiler (which in this
case would be glibc and any foreign libraries) --- it contains the
implementation of things like (long long) support on 32-bit platforms,
exception unwinding, and other compiler intrinsics.  You may not use them
but glibc does.