[Haskell-cafe] Possible GSoC project

Ketil Malde ketil at malde.org
Thu Apr 4 13:35:02 CEST 2013

Hi,

I proposed a bioinformatics GSoC project involving Haskell using OSC as
the mentoring organization.  Typically, haskell.org projects concern
infrastructure rather than applications, and I don't know if I'm allowed
to submit both places :-)

Anyway, as this is a likely place to find prospective students and
(co-)mentors, I thought I'd mention it here.

But if anybody is interested, I think it makes for a quite focused,
solvable problem, which I belive would be quite useful.  It could also
likely result in a scientific publication of some sort.

A quick writeup (that I'll probably update) is here:

  http://biohaskell.org/Google_Summer_of_Code#optimizing-transalign

-k