[Haskell-cafe] GSoC Project Proposal: Markdown support for Haddock

Richard A. O'Keefe ok at cs.otago.ac.nz
Fri Apr 5 02:51:36 CEST 2013

On 5/04/2013, at 12:34 PM, Johan Tibell wrote:

> Markdown has won. Look at all the big programming sites out there,
> from GitHub to StackOverflow, they all use a superset of Markdown.

Yes, but they tend to use _different_ supersets of Markdown.

Would it be too much to ask that a notation be used which has
a formal syntax and a formal semantics?

I mean, this *is* Haskell we're talking about, not some
slapped-together who-cares-if-a-primary-buffer-panel-falls-off
FireflyXXXXXXX dynamic programming language.