[Haskell-cafe] Error when building executable with profiling enabled

Nikolaos Bezirgiannis bezirg at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 16:41:57 CEST 2013

Hello,

i have an executable where i want to run profiling on.

I do:

ghc --make -prof -auto-all -fth Custom.hs

but it does not built and the output is:

bench\HLogo\Custom\Custom.hs:1:1:
    Dynamic linking required, but this is a non-standard build (eg. prof).
    You need to build the program twice: once the normal way, and then
    in the desired way using -osuf to set the object file suffix.

I tried googling on the error with no success. What can I do to
compile this file for profiling?

Cheers,
Nikos