[Haskell-cafe] Compilers book in Haskell

Kristopher Micinski krismicinski at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 03:12:40 CEST 2013

A swapped order probably appeals to most haskellers (by contrast I
first learned ML).  The real difference is that the Haskell books will
focus on lazy languages.  If your tastes are in implementing fast lazy
languages using graph reduction then you may also be interested in
[1]: although I haven't read all of it.  I would say that the material
in Appel's books and SPJ's books is fairly disjoint, and if you're
interested in Haskell you should definitely focus on those.  (However,
Appel's book is also worth browsing if you're at a library, it can be
read fairly quickly, the main "cool concepts" are in chapter two!)

Kris

[1] http://wiki.clean.cs.ru.nl/Functional_Programming_and_Parallel_Graph_Rewriting