[Haskell-cafe] [wxhaskell-devel] I would like to know how to use the following events handlers : dropTargetOnData, dropTargetOnDrop, dropTargetOnEnter,

Henk-Jan van Tuyl hjgtuyl at chello.nl
Thu Apr 11 23:31:42 CEST 2013

On Tue, 09 Apr 2013 21:54:15 +0200, Luc TAESCH <luc.taesch at gmail.com>
wrote:

> WxHaskell and DragAndDrop
>
> I would like to know how to use the following events handlers :
> dropTargetOnData, dropTargetOnDrop, dropTargetOnEnter,
> dropTargetOnDragOver….[1]
>

> Could you check if my current believes are corrects :
>
> From wx Widgets/ wxPython [2] / [3] / [4] it looks like they need to be
> used to manage DragAndDrog for non trivial examples.
> they are not actionable via an existing event like "on drag", etc..
> I tried and create my own event. but it does not get "activated". [7]
> besides, from the signatures [1], these look like being activated on
> DropTarget, unlike other events on Reactive/ Windows/Controls . Is It
> Correct ?
>
> Heinrich created its own events "onText", (in reactive-Banana) but this
> is on a Control. [6]
>

> Could someone confirm these events effectively worked for them in
> WxHaskell, and maybe hint how to do that

I have tried you attached program and it gave the following tracing:
   >Drag.exe
   showMeDropDnD handler called: DragMove
   on Drag activated:
   on Enter:Point {pointX = 24, pointY = 6}

Build info:
  - Windows XP
  - GHC version 7.4.2
  - wxWidgets-2.9.3
  - wxHaskell from https://github.com/atzedijkstra/wxHaskell

As no one else has responded so far, I think you are in uncharted
territory; wxHaskell is huge and there are not many applications using it.
If you have figured it all out, I hope you want to write a HaskellWiki
page about it.

Regards,
Henk-Jan van Tuyl

--