[Haskell-cafe] cabal-install 1.16.0.2 on Mac

Richard A. O'Keefe ok at cs.otago.ac.nz
Fri Apr 12 01:41:34 CEST 2013

The basic problem is that the University has a strict policy
that academic staff must not have root access on any machine
that is connected to the University network.  I was given an
administrator account so that I could resume the printer and
install (some) stuff, but /Developer is owned by root, and I
will be given root access on the Greek Calends.

I would have thought that many organisations would have similar
policies.

On 12/04/2013, at 2:44 AM, Brandon Allbery wrote:
> (Newer Xcode should actually complain and tell you to run the removal script on startup, because its presence can even break Xcode under some circumstances.)

4.6.1 was the latest available in March when I installed it,
and it _didn't_ complain or tell me to run any removal script.