[Haskell-cafe] Instances for continuation-based FRP

Heinrich Apfelmus apfelmus at quantentunnel.de
Thu Apr 25 14:16:49 CEST 2013

Hans Höglund wrote:
> My aim is to find the simplest possible implementation of the
> semantics you describe in Push-pull FRP, so the denotational
> semantics are already in place.

In reactive-banana, the Reactive.Banana.Model module implements /
defines the denotational semantics.

   http://tinyurl.com/Reactive-Banana-Model

It's very similar to Conal's semantics from the Push-Pull article.

> I guess what I am looking for is a
> simple translation of a denotational program into an imperative one.
> My intuition tells me that such a translation is possible, maybe even
> trivial, but I am not sure how to reason about correctness.

In my experience, the main problem with imperative implementations is
that they have a hard time with the  union  combinator and with
preserving sharing. Reactive-banana is the best I could come up with.

Best regards,
Heinrich Apfelmus

--
http://apfelmus.nfshost.com