[Haskell-cafe] Markdown extension for Haddock as a GSoC project

Richard A. O'Keefe ok at cs.otago.ac.nz
Mon Apr 29 08:04:47 CEST 2013

I should add that as a consumer of Haddock documentation
I can testify that fancier styling (in whatever format)
would be of little benefit to _me_.  What I need is more
plain text and more examples.

To be perfectly honest, most of the time when looking at
a Haddock page, I end up clicking on the Source button
because there are things I need to know that are in the
source but not the documentation.

So I do agree that markup that doesn't get in the way of
a _reader_ who is looking at the source code is an excellent
thing.

I say this as someone who had to read some Java today and
ended up stuffing it through a comment stripper so that I
could easily find what I needed to find.

This thread is not about the "visually lightweight" aspect of
Markdown.  That's a good thing.  No argument there.

The thread is about how well documented the notation should be.