[Haskell-cafe] Haddock GSOC project progress

Richard A. O'Keefe ok at cs.otago.ac.nz
Thu Aug 1 01:14:29 CEST 2013

On 31/07/2013, at 8:16 PM, Simon Hengel wrote:

> * There is no such thing as a parse error in Markdown, and I think we
>   should try to make this true for Haddock markup, too

It is very far from clear that this is a virtue in Markdown.
In trying to learn Markdown, I found it an excessively tiresome
defect.  Whenever I was trying to learn how to produce some
combination of effects, instead of Markdown telling me
"at THIS point you had something I wasn't expecting", it would
just produce incorrect output, defined as "anything other than
what I intended".  It also meant that two different Markdown
processors would accept the same text silently but do different
things with it.

This is one of the reasons I won't use Markdown.