[Haskell-cafe] [Haskell] ANNOUNCE: haskell-src-exts 1.14.0

JP Moresmau jpmoresmau at gmail.com
Tue Aug 20 12:02:48 CEST 2013

BuildWrapper has some code that tries to link back the comments to the
declaration from the AST generated by haskell-src-exts and the comments.
See
https://github.com/JPMoresmau/BuildWrapper/blob/master/src/Language/Haskell/BuildWrapper/Src.hs.
The unit tests provide some samples:
https://github.com/JPMoresmau/BuildWrapper/blob/master/test/Language/Haskell/BuildWrapper/CMDTests.hs#L572-L638.
Maybe this can help you.

JP

On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 11:21 AM, Mateusz Kowalczyk <fuuzetsu at fuuzetsu.co.uk
> wrote:

> On 20/08/13 09:48, Niklas Hambüchen wrote:
> > Nice!
> >
> > I hope that haskell-suite will eventually become awesome and solve most
> > of our automation-on-Haskell-code needs.
> >
> > Two questions:
> >
> > 1) My most desired feature would be a syntax tree that does not pluck
> > pluck comments out and make me treat them separately. It looks much
> > easier to me to have a fully descriptive tree and (filter . concatMap) /
> > traverse them out in some way than getting a list of comments and having
> > to insert them back in the right places myself.
> > Is that possible?
> >
> +1 for this. There was a small discussion relevant to this on café
> recently, if anyone is interested:
> http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.haskell.cafe/106768
>
> > 2) Have you considered downloading the all-of-Hackage tarball and
> > running haskell-src-exts over it to get a benchmark of how much HSE can
> > already parse of the Haskell code out there?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >

> --
> Mateusz K.

JP Moresmau