[Haskell-cafe] Hoogle vs Hayoo

Mateusz Kowalczyk fuuzetsu at fuuzetsu.co.uk
Thu Aug 22 21:23:39 CEST 2013

On 22/08/13 19:30, jabolopes at google.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I noticed Hayoo appears as a link in the toolbox of
> http://hackage.haskell.org and also that Hayoo seems to display better
> results than Hoogle.  For example, if you search for 'PublicKey' in
> Hayoo, you will get several results from Hackage libraries, such as,
> 'crypto-pubkey' and 'crypto-api'.  However, the same query in Hoogle
> displays no results.
>
> Is Hayoo the default Hackage search engine ?
> Is Hoogle deprecated ?
> What the status ?
>
> Thank you,
> Jose

You could also try the Hoogle hosted by FPComplete guys, it indexes more
stuff. It's at [1].

I hear that Hayoo actually does a better job getting the relevant
results but I am unsure how much truth there is to it. I always thought
it was just Hoogle with more indexed docs.

[1] - https://www.fpcomplete.com/hoogle

--
Mateusz K.