[Haskell-cafe] GHC flags: optghc

Ben Doyle benjamin.peter.doyle at gmail.com
Sat Aug 24 14:49:32 CEST 2013

That's not a GHC flag; it's a haddock flag. Haddock (which, in case you're
not familiar with it, is a program to generate documentation from Haskell
source code) uses GHC, and the `optghc` flag lets you pass options to GHC
when you invoke Haddock. See [the Haddock docs of the 6.12 era][1], on page
3.

It's also entirely possible that some program besides Haddock uses a flag
of the same name (for the same purpose, one would hope).

[1]: http://www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/6.12.3/haddock.pdf