[Haskell-cafe] Yet another Conduit question

Simon Marechal simon at banquise.net
Fri Feb 1 09:28:39 CET 2013

On 01/02/2013 08:21, Michael Snoyman wrote:
> So you're saying you want to keep the same grouping that you had
> originally? Or do you want to batch up a certain number of results?
> There are lots of ways of approaching this problem, and the types don't
> imply nearly enough to determine what you're hoping to achieve here.

Sorry for not being clear. I would like to group them "as much as
possible", that is up to a certain limit, and also within a "time
threshold". I believe that the conduit code will be called only when
something happens in the conduit, so an actual timer would be useless
(unless I handle this at the source perhaps, and propagate "ticks").

That is why in my first message I talked about stacking things into the
list until the conduit has no more input available, or a maximum size is
reached, but was not sure this even made sense.