[Haskell-cafe] Ticking time bomb

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Tue Feb 12 09:49:32 CET 2013

The Python and Ruby communities are actively working on improving the
security of their packaging infrastructure. I haven't paid close attention
to any of the efforts so far, but anyone working on cabal/hackage security
should probably take a peek. I lurk on Python's catalog-sig list and here's
the interesting bits I've noticed from the past few weeks:

[Catalog-sig] [Draft] Package signing and verification process
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/catalog-sig/2013-February/004832.html

[Catalog-sig] [DRAFT] Proposal for fixing PyPI/pip security
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/catalog-sig/2013-February/004994.html

Python PyPi Security Working Document:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1e3g1v8INHjHsUJ-Q0odQOO8s91KMAbqLQyqj20CSZYA/edit

Rubygems Threat Model: