[Haskell-cafe] Need urgent help with Network.tls

C K Kashyap ckkashyap at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 16:28:46 CET 2013

Hi,

I am trying to use Haskell to download email/attachments from gmail. For
which I am exploring Network.TLS. I got this sample from the net that
connects to gmail smtp and works just fine -
http://hpaste.org/82890

However, when I modify it a bit to try to connect to imap, it simply does
not work. To debug, I tried to connect to a webserver, even that seems to
not work. I modified the function as follows.

emailGmail2 = do
        let host = "localhost"
        let port = 443
let params = defaultParamsClient{pCiphers = ciphers}
g <- RNG.makeSystem
h <- connectTo host (PortNumber (fromIntegral port))
hSetBuffering h LineBuffering
cWrite h "GET / HTTP/1.0"
cWrite h ""
cWaitFor h "ABCD"
con <- contextNewOnHandle h params g
handshake con
bye con

And I get a "BAD request" response from the server - Can some please give
me a sample code that uses Network.TLS to connect to a imap.google.com (or
even a webserver for that matter)?

Regards,
Kashyap