[Haskell-cafe] The state of binary (de)serialization

Ozgun Ataman ozataman at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 21:15:34 CET 2013

As a minor side note: Just wanted to point out that safecopy (http://hackage.haskell.org/package/safecopy) provides a nice migration framework for production use cases and is based on cereal. Migration becomes an issue in production sooner or later, and I think safecopy is a nice alternative to the approach Google's protocol buffers takes (for example). For eventual unification on binary, it may be a good idea to port it (and other useful libs that build on cereal) as well.