[Haskell-cafe] Running out of space while concatinating a list of bytestring

C K Kashyap ckkashyap at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 09:02:45 CET 2013

Hi,

I have the following code - It looks like things go okay until
concatination is attempted. I get the following output

There are 2258 ByteStrings
*** Exception: <stdout>: hPutBuf: resource exhausted (Not enough space)

I am thinking that I should do strict concatination at each point in the
support function - how can I go about doing so? (BS is the lazy.char8
bytestring)

connectionGetNBytes :: NC.Connection -> Int -> IO ByteString
connectionGetNBytes c n = do
                    bs <- connectionGetNBytes' c n
                    putStrLn ("There are " ++ (show (length bs)) ++ "
ByteStrings")
                    return (BS.concat bs)

connectionGetNBytes' :: NC.Connection -> Int -> IO [ByteString]
connectionGetNBytes' _ 0 = return []
connectionGetNBytes' c n = do
                    l <- NC.connectionGet c n
                    let ll = BS.length l
                    remaining <- connectionGetNBytes' c (n - ll)
                    return (l:crlfStr:remaining)

Regards,
Kashyap