[Haskell-cafe] ANN: Nomyx 0.1 beta, the game where you can change the rules

Corentin Dupont corentin.dupont at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 22:12:33 CET 2013

Hi all,
there is quite a lot of players! Fantastic!
I proposed a rule to lower the vote quorum from unanimity to a quorum of
only 4, for the experimentation.
But still, to have this rule accepted, everybody needs to vote! Could you
please cast your vote? If you don't plan on playing, it's better to
unsubscribe.
The players which have submitted their email should have received a
notification for this rule.

To experiment with the rules, it's better to install Nomyx on your machine
(cabal install Nomyx) and play alone, since the voting process can be long
in multiplayer (I expect 1 or 2 days to reach the quorum for a rule).

I saw people having problem writing the rules (in the log), I'll post some
comments on the game's forum: http://www.nomyx.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5
not to flood this mailing list ;) Just note that all proposed rules should
have type "RuleFunc".
If you'd like to use GHCI to compose your rule, here's how:
$ wget
http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/Nomyx-Rules/0.1.0/Nomyx-Rules-0.1.0.tar.gz
$ tar -xzvf Nomyx-Rules-0.1.0.tar.gz
$ ghci Nomyx-Rules-0.1.0/src/Language/Nomyx/Examples.hs

Cheers!
Corentin

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 12:28 AM, Corentin Dupont <corentin.dupont at gmail.com