[Haskell-cafe] ANN: cabal-dev 0.9.2 - sandboxed haskell builds

Rogan Creswick creswick at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 01:28:23 CET 2013

The (ever growing) cabal-dev team is happy to announce v. 0.9.2!

Cabal-dev is a tool to test development libraries by creating a
sandboxed package and dependency build environment.  Executing
`cabal-dev install` will create a sandbox, named cabal-dev in the
current directory, and populate it with the project dependencies,
which are built and installed into a package database within the
sandbox.

This is a bug-fix/maintenance release, but it's worth noting that it is
now possible to build cabal-dev from hackage with a recent GHC.  We've
also decided to focus our efforts to provide support for the current
release of GHC, the current Haskell Platform, and the previous Haskell
Platform.

This is the long-awaited version that actually builds with recent
GHC's (7.6, in particular). A great deal of thanks for this release to
go to active members of the community who've patiently directed other
Haskell users to the github repo for a working cabal-dev, and in
particular to the dozens (!) of you who've submitted bug reports and
patches that resulted in this release (in particular: Bob Ippolito for
not only fixing a race condition that caused the test suite to
fail. Thanks Bob!)).

Urls:
 * Hackage: http://hackage.haskell.org/package/cabal-dev
 * Issue tracker: http://github.com/creswick/cabal-dev/issues