[Haskell-cafe] Problem accessing Hackage

Roman Cheplyaka roma at ro-che.info
Thu Feb 28 12:19:35 CET 2013

Ok, I got what seems to be the correct answer:
http://superuser.com/a/558715/53951

In a nutshell, the misconfiguration of my ISP's DNS results in reverse
DNS queries of my IP address timing out.

So now my questions are:

- can anyone confirm that hackage indeed attempts to do reverse DNS
  lookup on the client's IP address?
- is it really necessary?

I'll try to convince my ISP to fix their DNS, but I'm not sure I'll
succeed, and there may be other people affected by this.

Roman

* Roman Cheplyaka <roma at ro-che.info> [2013-02-28 10:49:04+0200]