[Haskell-cafe] lambda case (was Re: A big hurray for lambda-case (and all the other good stuff))

Tillmann Rendel rendel at informatik.uni-marburg.de
Tue Jan 1 20:36:02 CET 2013

Hi,

Brandon Allbery wrote:
>>> [...] syntax extension [...]
>
> I think someone's already working on this (SugarHaskell?).

Yes, we are working on it. See our paper [1] and Sebastian's talk [2] at
the Haskell Symposium. Our current prototype can be installed as an
Eclipse plugin [3] or as a command-line tool [4].

  [1] http://sugarj.org/sugarhaskell.pdf
  [2] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kjm7bOLnuy0
  [3] http://update.sugarj.org/
  [4] http://hackage.haskell.org/package/sugarhaskell

One use case we have in mind for SugarHaskell is prototyping of language
extensions like the one discussed in this thread.

   Tillmann