[Haskell-cafe] ANN: crypto-pubkey: all your public key crypto algorithms belong to us.

Ertugrul Söylemez es at ertes.de
Sat Jan 12 14:12:44 CET 2013

Vincent Hanquez <tab at snarc.org> wrote:

> I've recently released crypto-pubkey [1][2], which provide a
> comprehensive solution for public key cryptography.
>
> Most known RSA modes (PKCS15, OAEP, PSS) are supported, and there's
> also DSA and ElGamal signature support. Most of the code originally
> lived in cryptocipher, but have now been made better and safer, and
> support more modes.

This seems like a very useful library.  Thanks for that!

> I've spend some good chunk of time adding KATs and tests,
> documentation, and making sure the performance was ahead of other
> haskell implementations.

I suggest looking at Daniel Fischer's arithmoi [1] library, which
implements very fast Integer operations and should provide most
functionality needed.  However, beware of timing attacks.

Also for the particular purpose of generating safe primes I have written
a blazingly fast implementation that uses intelligent sieving and finds
even large primes (>= 4096 bits) within seconds or minutes.  It's on
hpaste [2].  I might turn this into a library at some point.

[1]: <http://hackage.haskell.org/package/arithmoi>
[2]: <http://hpaste.org/79286>

Greets,
Ertugrul