[Haskell-cafe] How to disable document in .cabal file?

Albert Y. C. Lai trebla at vex.net
Wed Jan 16 06:51:29 CET 2013

On 13-01-15 09:10 PM, Magicloud Magiclouds wrote:
> So the only way is to use param every time I build this certain project?
> Really hoping I could disable it in project.cabal ....

The param is for "cabal install" only. So don't use "cabal install".

cabal configure  # may be skipped usually
cabal build
cabal copy

If your project is a library (as opposed to an executable): add
cabal register

Why this is not controlled in project.cabal: The author of the project
should not control whether users build docs or not.

P.S. Ivan, --enable-documentation and --disable-documentation are not
even valid flags to "cabal configure".