[Haskell-cafe] ANN: hgdbmi 0.2, GDB Machine Interface

Alexander Bernauer acopton at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 22:17:33 CET 2013

Hi

I am happy to announce the second release of hgdbmi, a Haskell
implementation of the GDB Machine Interface.

The Machine Interface is a machine-readable variant of the
stdin/stdout-based interface of the GNU debugger. With hgdbmi you can
control the execution of a GDB instance to drive debugging of
arbitrary targets.

Version 0.2 of this library is a substantial, non-compatible extension
of version 0.1. The API provides a thread-safe and synchronous
command-response function and supports user-defined call-backs for
asynchronous notifications. All commands, responses and notifications
are supported in this version. Also, for some response and
notification types, we additionally provide semantic data types and
corresponding translation functions.

The package:
http://hackage.haskell.org/package/hgdbmi-0.2

Greetings, Alex

PS: This is my first serious Haskell package. If you see something
that you consider odd, I might have done this simply because I didn't
know better. I would appreciate if you would let me know in such a
case.