[Haskell-cafe] Mobile app development?

Andrew Pennebaker andrew.pennebaker at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 19:42:01 CET 2013

There are currently very few options, especially free and open source
options, when it comes to developing cross-platform mobile applications.
It's basically web apps with JavaScript, or C++. If Haskell supported app
development on Android, iOS, and Windows RT, that alone would bring in more
developers.

Similarly, there are very few languages for mobile development that take
advantage of multiple cores and multiple CPUs. Haskell's `parmap` is an
amazing selling point. Can we please prioritize mobile support? I'd much
rather write everything in ML than PhoneGap.

--
Cheers,

Andrew Pennebaker
www.yellosoft.us