[Haskell-cafe] Mobile app development?

Nathan Hüsken nathan.huesken at posteo.de
Sat Jan 19 22:29:36 CET 2013

Well, to target javascript there is haste [1] and ghcjs [2].

Ghc can target iOS [3].
Recently I managed to get ghc to target android working (this still
needs some work): [4].
And there is also an active effort by Stephen Paul Weber to get
blackberry working in the devs-ghc mailinglist.

So my impression is, that multiplatform haskell is on its way.

Of couse, ffi bindings for all these platforms would be needed to get
serious.

[1]: https://github.com/valderman/haste-compiler.git
[2]: https://github.com/ghcjs/ghcjs
[3]: https://github.com/ghc-ios/ghc/wiki