[Haskell-cafe] XCode Dependency for HP on Mac

Andrew H Bridge emailme at andrewhbridge.co.uk
Mon Jan 21 16:33:12 CET 2013

Tom Murphy <amindfv <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Is there a way to install HP without XCode? Could there be in the
> future? I'm tired of dealing with Apple's constant upgrade
> requirements, registration requirements, etc., and it seems like a
> small function that XCode actually performs in the Haskell development
> "toolchain."
> Again, I'm ignorant of the details and I'm sorry if this is ranty, but
> I'd love to hear your reactions.
>
> Thanks!
> Tom

Hi,

I know this is an old thread, but it came up on Google when I was
searching around for an answer to this. So maybe I can still help
someone.

10.6 users can use this installer on GitHub
https://github.com/kennethreitz/osx-gcc-installer. It
installs gcc and a few other bits and pieces (less than a GB to install).
Then you can install the Haskell Platform. It's worked for me so far! Enjoy!

Thanks,
Andrew